We are incredibly proud of our alumni who are already thriving as designers, winning design contests, securing licensing deals and being featured in books and on major blogs.
Layered silhouettes and line in ‘Tangerine Floral’ by Natalie Alexander
Examples of our alumni success stories include:
– Wendy Kendall won the 2013 Ideal Home Wallpaper Design of the Year Competition, and two of the other four finalists were also ABSPD alumni – Martha Copinger Binns and Laura Escalante Mora. This follows on from success the previous year when alumni Nicky Griffiths and Jane Bridges were also shortlisted as two of the five finalists in the 2012 Ideal Home Wallpaper Design of the Year Competition
– Nicky Ovitt, Diane Rooney and Schatzi Brown have been selected to feature in the new Logo book from Zeixs
– A staggering TWENTY of our students are to have designs featured the upcoming Patternbase book
– Susan Driscoll saw off more than 900 other designers to win the Tigerprint Design A Print competition and Elizabeth Olwen won the Tigerprint Mens Fashion Icons and Symbols competition
– Dunia Kirschner, Alik Arzoumanian and Emily Ann Studio were all runners up in the Tigerprint Black and White Print Competition
– Scholarship winner Simi Gauba’s mugs are now being sold in Austria and Germany by Momax
– Alice Perry, Andie Hartley, Sian Elin, Justine Aldersley-Williams, Suzanne Washington, Viola Brun, Bonnie Christine, Sandee Hjorth, Ellie Rampton, Katy Hackney, Natalie Alexander, Bethan Janine Westran, Maraya Rodostianos, Susan Driscoll, Femi Ford and many other students have had their work featured on leading pattern blog Print & Pattern and other blogs such as the Tigerprint design blog
Click here for links to press coverage, student buzz and examples of former students’ work!