Make 2014 amazing - Get your FREE New Year's Revolution PDF here

Join the conversation!

Love Mondays!

I want weekly inspiration
into my inbox for free!

Self-portrait bravery

Joining in Cathy’s self-portrait challenge for Blogtoberfest. Not a huge fan of having my photo taken (especially by me) but this one is quite fun – took it in Cape Cod a couple of weeks back, having caught the sun out on a long bike ride

How do you feel about taking your own photo?  Do you get self-conscious?  Do you see it as a way of getting a photo you actually like?
For more self-portrait bravery from Blogtoberfesters see here
***
PS advance notice that THE GREAT BIG STITCHED POSTCARD SWAP IS BACK! It will launch on Tuesday 19 October, bigger and better with more sparkly bits – watch this space…
Pin It

17 Comments

1. The Creative Beast says:

Beth, you are beautiful inside and out and your light should be seen by all =-)

In terms of taking my own picture, it just feels silly to do it, but i'm very comfortable being in front of the camera for others – maybe that's from dancing on stage or from posing for my mother's photography assignments??

2. Jenny Blair says:

I'm so with you on the photo front, whether its taken by me or anyone else..I have yet to see a photo of me that I like, the worrying part being that the camera never lies!! :)
    Can't wait for the big stitched postcard…I just discovered your blog on the closing date of your last one and have been waiting impatiently since!! :)

3. chrissy says:

i love seeing a glimpse of beautiful you….missed you…i am back on the radar now.

4. willywagtail says:

Your skin is lovely and firm. Unfortuantely for me no photo can do that anymore so no I'm not enjoying photography by me or of me. Cherrie

5. angelique says:

what a fab shot….very artistic! I am not sure why it is but I can never look at myself in a photo and say I look nice yet I look in the mirror most days and not mind what I see. Can you answer that one for me? Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

6. The Clip Cafe says:

Love the shot! And yes self conscious about me in the photo and on the blog :-) YAY just saw the postcard link and was going to check it out! I'll be back to see on the 19th!!!

7. m.e (Cathie) says:

love the shot!
    yeah, a little self conscious & really don't like being in front of the camera at all.

8. m.e (Cathie) says:

love the shot!

9. Stella says:

Love this shot of you! You inspired me to take a break from my business trip and post a recent self shot that I snapped with my phone.

I'm also excited to participate in the next round of stitched postcards! YAY!

10. momijitomitsukoshi says:

That's a lovely photo. Even if I tried to make it casual and cut off half of my face, I would still end up with a photo I hate. The only time I like a photo of myself is when (for some strange reason) it doesn't look like me. That's why I like all the weird things I can do on the computer.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and Happy Blogtoberfest!

11. Vic says:

I love this photo – just a glimpse of your sparkly, pretty face!

I'm not a huge fan of photos of me however they are taken, but if they have to happen then I would preffer to take it myself – that way if I hate it I am in control & can instantly delete, delete, delete!

12. Tracey says:

Your photo is great … love your smile and the sense of movement.

I hate having my photo taken, or taking a photo of myself … I tend to avoid most things that cause me to 'star'.

13. kylie says:

Love that you've only shown a little glimpse of you in that shot, particularly your smile. You look like you're rushing off to do something fun. Great to come across your site this Blogtober!

14. Robin Norgren says:

I love snapping self portraits- for me it feels much less contrived, I just push the button and I get what I get ( and many times it is SPOT ON!)

15. Cathy {tinniegirl} says:

What a gorgeous shot. I love it. Love the one of your and Louise in the next post too. I miss my AAJ girls.

16. Dana Barbieri says:

eekkk.. i don't like it one bit, pics of myself that it. you look lovely. pretty shot.

17. the textured leaf says:

Im still checking out peoples self portarits from tinniegirl so hi! love how much colour you got from your ride, :)

We Love Comments! Post Yours Here