- I started the year sat on a sand dune in the Sahara Desert with my man
- I didn’t even know what a blog was (must have been walking around with my eyes shut, and just think what I was missing!). 127 blog posts later I am still loving it…
- I went to California for an art retreat, was inspired to start a blog and discovered a whole new world, to which I felt like I had belonged all along
I had a ‘wow’ Mondo Beyondo dreaming moment
- I had a wonderful piece of bad luck when the ash cloud from an erupting Icelandic volcano stranded me in Geneva, giving me little choice but to hop on a train to Paris for an impromptu long weekend
- My 33rd birthday gave me a great opportunity to look back over the many big changes of the past few years, and look forward to a new chapter in my life
… and posted the first Do What You Love interview, which was followed by a further 15 over the course of the year, with people like writer Danielle LaPorte and artist Claudine Hellmuth. More to come next year!
- My man and I spent three dreamy weeks island hopping round Greece
- All the wishing worked and we moved into our new home
- I celebrated my six month blogiversary!
- I was lucky to be chosen as one of Britain’s most exciting young entrepreneurs, and secured a place on a ground breaking business mentoring scheme run by a leading national magazine, pairing me with entrepreneur extraordinaire Kanya King, founder of the Mobo awards
… I went back to the US for another art retreat – bliss
… and I was published on mega-design blog design*sponge
- I launched the second Great Big Stitched Postcard swap, which attracted 85 women from 13 countries on 5 continents, and forged many new connections across the creative world
- I launched my new business venture, running art and creative enterprise retreats in the stunning English countryside
- I met Prince William (what a charmer). Incidentally I also met David Beckham again that day, mmm…!
… and I indulged in all the delights of Christmas preparations, and have loved every festive minute